Please complete our online Patient Intake Form prior to your appointment, or arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment to complete the required paperwork before seeing the foot doctor. Patients are asked to bring the following for their appointments with Boston Common Podiatry:
- All of your insurance cards – We accept insurance through Aetna, HCVM, Harvard Pilgrim, Tufts, BCBS, PHCS in addition to most other carriers.
- Any required co-payment – We will collect co-payment/deductibles/coinsurance when you arrive for your appointment. Please confirm the correct amount of the copay/coinsurance percentage/remaining deductible for which you will be responsible, with your insurance plan. Checks for co-payments should be made out to “Boston Common Podiatry.”
- Work or vehicle accident information – If you are visiting because of a condition related to work or a motor vehicle accident, you must bring the name of the insurance company, claim number and the adjuster’s name and telephone number when you arrive for your appointment.
- Referral from your primary care physician – Applies only if your insurance plan is an HMO or managed care plan. A referral must be in place, or at least requested prior to your appointment.
- Previous radiographic studies – If you are visiting for a second opinion or further consultation, we will need to review your x-rays, bone scans, blood studies, or other previous findings. You can bring them with you or ask your previous doctor to send them to Boston Common Podiatry. Keep in mind that some doctors require several days of notice before films can be picked up.
Please feel free to ask any questions prior to your visit at Boston Common Podiatry. Dr. Szpiro looks forward to providing a course of treatment that provides foot pain relief, enabling you to enjoy life to the fullest.