Women love their high heels, which can be their best friend and worst enemy all in the same moment.
Below are some potential pitfalls that can come from wearing high heels and some tips on how to maintain style and minimize problems:
High Heels can lead to :
- Ankle sprains
- Ball of Foot pain
- Calf tightness
- Knee, hip and back pain
High Heels Do’s:
- Try to only wear high heels for special occasions.
- Backless high-heeled shoes should never be worn for a long period of time.
- Do calf stretches after wearing heels.
- Vary your heel heights from day to day.
- For everyday use, limit heel heights to about 1.5 inches.
- Foot surgery can be prevented with early treatment.
Boston Common Podiatry is offering a new method of helping women be comfortable in high heels. Podiatrist Dr. Jordana Szpiro, D.P.M., F.A.C.F.A.S. has been specially trained in the administration of Sculptra® aesthetic dermal filler for the feet which provides padding to the balls and soles of the feet. For more information: Sculptra® Miracle Foot Filler