Boston Common Podiatry welcomes new patients from all ages and backgrounds. If you are in need of foot pain relief or have suffered an injury to your feet, please feel free to call or stop by our office to make an appointment with Dr. Szpiro.
Please either register on our Patient Portal and complete your demographics and medical history prior to your appointment, arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment to complete the required paperwork before seeing the foot doctor, or complete this
Patients are asked to bring the following for their appointments with Boston Common Podiatry:
- All of your insurance cards – We accept insurance through Aetna, HCVM, United Healthcare, Harvard Pilgrim, Tufts, BCBS, PHCS, Cigna, Medicare, Oxford, Guardian, GHI, GIC, and most others.
- Any required co-payment – We will collect co-payment/deductibles/coinsurance when you arrive for your appointment. Please confirm the correct amount of the copay/coinsurance percentage/remaining deductible for which you will be responsible, with your insurance plan. Checks for co-payments should be made out to “Boston Common Podiatry.”
- Work or vehicle accident information – If you are visiting because of a condition related to work or a motor vehicle accident, you must bring the name of the insurance company, claim number and the adjuster’s name and telephone number when you arrive for your appointment.
- Referral from your primary care physician – Applies only if your insurance plan is an HMO or managed care plan. A referral must be in place, or at least requested prior to your appointment.
- Previous radiographic studies – If you are visiting for a second opinion or further consultation, we will need to review your x-rays, bone scans, blood studies, or other previous findings. You can bring them with you or ask your previous doctor to send them to Boston Common Podiatry. Keep in mind that some doctors require several days of notice before films can be picked up.
Please be advise regarding Fees:
- Cancellation/No Show Policy for appointments – We understand that there are times when you must miss an appointment due to emergencies or obligations for work or family. However, when you do not call to cancel an appointment, you may be preventing another patient from getting much needed treatment. If an appointment is not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance you will be charged a $50 fee; this will not be covered by your insurance company.
- Cancellation/No Show Policy for Surgery – Due to the large of time needed for surgery, last minute cancellations can cause problems and added expenses for the office. If surgery is not cancelled at least 7 days in advance you will be charged a seventy five dollar ($75) fee; this is will not be covered by your insurance company.
- Scheduled Appointments – We understand that delays can happen however we must try to keep the other patients and doctors on time. If a patient is 15 minutes past their scheduled time we will have to reschedule the appointment.
Please feel free to ask any questions prior to your visit at Boston Common Podiatry. Dr. Szpiro looks forward to providing a course of treatment that provides foot pain relief , enabling you to enjoy life.
Dr. Szpiro is a Partners contracted physician.